The Portfolio Committee on Communications invites the public to make nominations for the appointment of 12 non-executive members to the Board of the South African Broadcasting Corporation Limited, in terms of the Broadcasting Act (No 4 of 1999).
Requirements: Members of the Board, when viewed collectively, must be persons who:
- Are suited to serve on the Board by virtue of their qualifications, expertise and experience in the fields of broadcasting policy and technology, broadcasting regulation, media law, business practice and finance, marketing, journalism, entertainment and education, as well as social and labour issues
- Are committed to fairness, freedom of expression, the right of the public to be informed, as well as openness and accountability on the part of those holding public office
- Represent a broad cross-section of the population of the Republic
- Are committed to the objectives and principles as enunciated in the Charter of the SABC.
Written nominations must contain:
- The full name, address and contact numbers of the person or organisation making the nomination
- A signed acceptance of the nomination by the nominee
- A Curriculum Vitae of the nominee, providing the following information:
- Full name, ID number and gender
- Latest address, contact and fax numbers
- Previous experience, quoting dates and organisations or institutions concerned
- Academic qualifications.
Appointment process: The Committee intends to short-list candidates, conduct interviews and present its findings to the National Assembly for recommendation to the President.
Nominations can be emailed to Noluthando Skaka at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 31 July 2009 before 12:00 noon
Enquiries: Tel. (021) 403-3751
Issued by Mr I Vadi, MP: Chairperson: Portfolio Committee on Communications