We need to start getting CVs together from suitable candidates for the new permanent SABC Board. I have sent you through all the official criteria but now we need to focus our minds on the following. We need people who cover the following sets of skills:
Further to that we need to make sure that the following is also considered:
- Corporate governance and finance
- Journalism and media
- Industry knowledge (but people who don't have a conflict of interest through direct involvement in broadcasting)
To ensure that the SABC has editorial independence and can report without fear or favour we need to consider the following disqualifications:
- Demographics - race, gender, good regional spread, age (we need tried and tested experience and new blood)
Organisations need to then start drawing up lists of suitable candidates. They need to approach these candidates to see if they are prepared to stand. If they are prepared to stand then the following needs to be done:
- Political party office bearers
- Senior government officials
- Members of Parliament
- People who have direct involvement in the broadcasting industry
Lets get the nomination process going NOW!!!
- The nominee needs to send you their CV with a letter accepting the nomination.
- You then need to send the CV and the acceptance letter to Parliament. You need to make sure that your organisation's details are also included.
- You need to send this all to Noluthando Skaka at email@example.com
- You can call Noluthando on (021) 403-3751 for further information.