NEWS FOR RELEASE
3 September 2009
Content Call: 2010 Gauteng Catalogue
The Gauteng Film Commission is compiling a catalogue of recently completed and independently owned Gauteng-made content, with a specific slant towards the 2010 FIFA Soccer World Cup South Africa™. This comes in light of interest shown by international buyers, at markets such as MIPTV, in independent 2010-themed content.
Factual and fictional content across the following genres and formats are required:
Factual films under 60 minutes in duration:
- Travel programmes featuring Gauteng’s host cities and leading visitor destinations and activities
- Documentaries including 2010-related themes
- Current affairs
Fictional films over 60 minutes in duration:
- Feature films and telemovies
The GFC will compile the catalogue and will promote it online as well as in print form. It is anticipated that the catalogue will be promoted at upcoming international and national markets and festivals.
Submissions must be made with a covering letter specifying the following information:
- Project title (as well as alternative titles if applicable)
- Format and running time
- Subject/ theme
- Details of Film and Publications Board certification (if applicable)
- Current status (Development, Pre-production, Production, Post-production or Completed)
- If not complete, date of anticipated completion
- Full credits
- International Sales Contact details (This will be published in the online database and catalogues. If you do not have a sales agent attached to your project, please provide other details as a point of contact for clients - for example the producer or production company)
- South African distributor contact details (if applicable)
- Principal locations used
Kindly also specify whether any pre-sale agreements have been entered into. In addition, please forward a high resolution still from the production for use in marketing material.
Note that 2010-themed projects currently in development or production will also be supported in line with the GFC’s support criteria.
To submit, or for more information, kindly contact:
Nthabeleng Phora, Unit Coordinator: Industry Support and Development, GFC, 56 Main Street, Johannesburg, 2108, South Africa on Tel: +27 (0) 11 833 0409; Fax: +27 (0) 11 833 0282 / 0865055776; or e-mail: email@example.com.
For more information, please contact
Jacques Stoltz of the Gauteng Film Commission on +27 (0)11 833 0409 or +27 (0)83 455 9688 or firstname.lastname@example.org