by Ewan Sutherland, Visiting Adjunct Professor
Date: Tuesday 11 February 2014
Time: 17:00 for 17:30 – 19:30
Venue: The iClub, Tshimologong Precinct, 41 Juta Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg
Parking: Street Parking (university security guard)
This seminar will review the telecomms and broadband aspects of the recently released National Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Policy Green Paper.
Questions that will be considered include:
- Is the current process appropriately structured in order to achieve real and meaningful improvements in the ICT sector in South Africa?
- Who is really to blame for the current stagnation in the sector?
- How accurate and honest is the assessment of past mistakes and failures?
- What is the role of reliable data and statistics for national ICT policy formulation?
- What is the outlook for the future of the sector on the basis of this ‘Green Paper?’
Snacks and refreshments will be served after the seminar. See you there!
P.S. To read up about the Minister of Communications, Honourable Ms. Dina Pule's, notes click here.