The Doc Shop, which runs concurrently with the festival is a marketplace for documentaries to be viewed by potential buyers, distributors, sales agents and programmers alike.
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) is compiling a special South African playlist of documentaries for The Doc Shop this year which will reflect and celebrate our country’s 20th year of Democracy.
Please note this is not an invitation to attend the film festival.
The benefits of having your film included in The Doc Shop:
- The Festival Doc Shop is a fully digital, on-site video library that offers accredited Conference and Networking Pass and All-Access Pass holders on-demand access to 1500+ documentaries, including many of the Festival’s official selection.
- Visibility of the film on an international platform.
- The film may receive interest which could potentially lead to sales.
- After the festival and conference, The Doc Shop Online provides year-round access to films for registered buyers, distributors, sales agents and festival programmers.
- South African filmmakers with projects that are currently in the postproduction phase (who can provide a rough cut) or completed projects,
- Documentaries of all lengths that have been produced in the last 20 years are welcome.
- Documentaries must be in the English language or subtitled in English.
Filmmakers are required to provide the following items in order to be considered (please note that there is no application form):
- Detailed Synopsis
- List of key creative team
- A DVD of the film
The NFVF reserves the right to select qualifying films to include in the The Doc Shop Playlist. The deadline for all submissions is on the 14th of March 2014 noon, no extensions are permissible.
Please email all submissions to Neiloe Whitehead/ Refiloe Hlabioa on firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com.
Send all copies of your DVDs to:
87 Central Street, Houghton, Johannesburg, 2198