Starts 8am Tuesday 25 November
Ends 7pm Wednesday 26 November
Arts on Main, 264 Fox Street
The OPEN, 20 Kruger Street
Bioscope Independent Cinema, 286 Fox Street
MABONENG PRECINCT - Jhb
Due to ongoing building refurbishments at the Museum of African Design – we have decided to relocate the trade show component of AFPRO Connect to the more established Arts on Main venue at 264 Fox Street, Maboneng Precinct.
This change of venue has necessitated a change of date, from Friday 14 & Saturday 15 November, to Tuesday 25 & Wednesday 26 November, which has been welcomed by 99.9% of our stakeholders, exhibitors, suppliers, panelists & ticket-holders.
We are pleased to report that all AFPRO Connect venues are now confirmed, with all relevant licences & permissions in place.
AFPRO Connect is the first trade show & conference programme geared towards boosting the number of films, television shows, commercials, corporate & NGO videos being shot in Africa with Africa.
The trade show will bring together established and emerging production companies, corporate marketing & brand managers, advertising, branding & PR agencies, event management companies, production services companies (e.g. crew, cast, catering, set design, special effects, post-production, etc) NGOs, animation companies and other organisations and individuals that play a continuing role in the production management ecosystem.
Don't miss your chance to meet over 60 world-class African production companies, discover new expert collaborators and partners, and find out what's happening in African production today.
Meetings Delegates will be able to pre-schedule meetings with exhibitors, attend high-impact panel discussions, company presentations and gain preferential access to evening social networking events.
- Quizzical Pictures
- Mann Made Media
- Your Girlfriend
- Left Post-Production
- White Heron Pictures
- Department of Trade & Industry
- Ryan van Jaarsveld – 7 Different Kinds of Smoke [The Rise & Rise of Branded Entertainment]
- Roger Smythe – Masters & Savant [Animation for Communication: Why it Makes Sense]
- Doug de Villiers – Interbrand [Branding in Africa]
- Chris Briggs – Red Dot Productions [Wealth of SA Production Services]
- Tracey Williams – Refinery [DTI Production & Post-Production Incentives]
- Stella Nwimo – Bedlam Productions UK [Selling African Screen Stories Internationally]
- Hayleigh Evans – Propertuity [Shooting Maboneng]
- Anne-Marie Hanna – Commpost Media [CSR & the Power of Video Communications]
- Dan Jawitz – Fireworx Media [Meaningful Content for NGOs]
- Mic Mann – Mann Made Media [Corporate Videos with more Impact]
Selection of attending NGOs:
- Reach for a Dream Foundation
- African Leadership Academy
- National SPCA
- Legal Resources Centre
- Food & Trees for Africa
- Impilo Child Protection and Adoption Agency
- Thusanani Children's Foundation
- Big Fish School of Digital Filmmaking
- Animation School - Johannesburg
- LEARN 3D
- Open Window Institute
- Academy of Sound Engineering
Further Benefits of Attending:
Series of short face-to-face meetings between SA corporates seeking marketing, staff training, CSR & event video production services. Also between SA documentary filmmakers and NGO's seeking to use video for future awareness and fund-raising campaigns.
MABONENG NEIGHBOURHOOD TOURS
A discounted 2-hour tour of Maboneng Precinct.
[Usual cost is R350pp, but has been reduced to R100pp for AFPRO Connect attendees].
Please click on the following link for an itinerary of the tour: www.mainstreetwalks.co.za/tours/maboneng-precinct-tour/
SOCIAL NETWORKING EVENTS
A number of social networking events will be taking place at various venues around Maboneng.
Holders of Meeting Delegate Passes receive preferential access to these.
ACCESS TO SHORT FILM SHOWCASE @ Bioscope Independent Cinema
SA'S best short film directors and producers showcase their work and discuss how their films were conceived and produced. This is an AFPRO Connect partnership with Independent Msanzi Short Film Festival.
ACCESS TO MUSIC VIDEO EXPO @ Zen Music Lounge
SA's best music video producers and directors showcase their work and discuss how the ideas were conceived and produced.
Cost of Attendance:
- Visitor's Pass: R1000 (access to Main Expo at MOAD, all panel discussions at OPEN, screenings at Bioscope + social networking events)
- Meeting Delegate Pass: R3500 (all of the above, plus access to AFPRO Connect Meetings Organisation System + Business Speed-dating Sessions)
The online registration form for attendance at AFPRO Connect Expo 2014 can be found by clicking on this link.
Tickets can also be purchased via Webtickets at this link. Please try to register early as space is limited.
The AFPRO Connect Expo organisers will not be serving meals to attendees, but there are nearly 20 restaurants and eateries in Maboneng Precinct, enough to suit most tastes and budgets.
To view the options, please click on this link.
Transport & Parking:
Transport to and from AFPRO Connect Expo is your own responsibility. There is sufficient – free – on-street parking around Maboneng Precinct, with highly-trained security personnel on every corner.
We look forward to meeting with you at AFPRO Connect Expo, and helping you to network effectively.