La Fabrique des Cinémas du Monde has been created by the Institut français, in partnership with the International Organisation of la Francophonie to support talented new filmmakers from Southern and emerging countries.
This professional programme has been developed in close association with the Festival de Cannes and the Marché du Film to invite ten filmmakers who are working on their first or second feature film.
Accompanied by their producers, selected directors will receive personalised support adapted to their project and professional experience ; improve their market position and develop a professional network and find some French, European or international co-producers for their project.
MAIN SELECTION CRITERIA
- Directors must come from one of the eligible countries (list available on the website).
- The project must be the director’s 1st or 2nd feature-length film (fiction, documentary or animation)
- The project must have a local producer or a producer from one of the eligible countries who has produced a short- or feature-length film in the last five years
- Each director or production company may only submit one film project
- Co-producers may not apply but they must appear in the registration form
- The film’s provisional budget must be less than €3 million.
Follow the news on La Fabrique des Cinémas du Monde facebook group!
Flapping in the middle of nowhere by Hoang Diep Nguyen (La Fabrique 2012 - Vietnam) has received the Fedeora Award for Best Film at the Critics Week in Venice and and was selected in Toronto International Film Festival (Discovery). It will also be screened in A Window on Asian Cinema at the Busan International Film Festival.
Mariam Khatchvani for Dede (La Fabrique 2014 – Georgia) and Gitanjali Rao (La Fabrique 2011 - India) for her new project True Love Story have both received a production grant from the Doha Film Institute.
Midi Z (La Fabrique 2012 – Burma) will represent Taiwan at the Oscars with his new film Ice Poison (Bing Du). The film had been selected in Berlin (Panorama) last February.
Marcela Esquivel Jimenez and Armando Capo Ramos (La Fabrique 2014 – Costa-Rica/Cuba) have received the best project award at the coproduction forum in San Sebastian.
Mattie Do (La Fabrique 2014 – Laos) has been selected to take part in the Toronto Talent Lab of the Toronto International Film Festival 2014.
Fidaï, Damien Ounouri’s first documentary film (La Fabrique 2014 – Algeria) has been released in France on October 29.
The Cinémas du Monde Pavilion is organised by the Institut français in partnership with the International Organisation of La Francophonie and France Médias Monde – RFI, Monte Carlo Doualiya, France 24.
Deadline is 8 December 2014.
Online registration :