CALL FOR FILMMAKERS TO ATTEND THE BUSINESS MODEL CANVAS WORKSHOPS
The Documentary Filmmakers' Association (DFA) in partnership with the Canadian Film Center (CFC) Media Lab, the National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF), and the Durban FilmMart are hosting one-and-a-half day workshops on the powerful Business Model Canvas Tool for South African filmmakers.
The workshops will take place from 17 – 24 July during the 2015 Durban FilmMart.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS MODEL CANVAS TOOL
The Business Model Canvas is a visual tool that helps filmmakers plan projects.
Presented by The ASTOUND Initiative, the Business Model Canvas Workshop trains content producers to use business model design techniques and tools to help them identify
the unique business model for each project.
The workshop walks participants through the Business Model Canvas using the Alexander Osterwalder method, evolved by CFC Media Lab for the creative content industry. This workshop takes a participatory approach to create an empowering and interactive working environment that fosters understanding, discussion, creativity, and analysis.
The workshop team will lead content producers through a series of exercises to help participants identify their various business models and provide a blueprint for their current and/or future projects.
Filmmakers will learn how to apply the Business Model Canvas Tool to each individual project. You will be able to identify the different elements, connect them, and learn how to integrate them to enhance your work and the final product you deliver.
We are looking for a total of 30 filmmakers with projects in development or production to attend the Business Model Canvas workshops.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR FILMMAKERS
- You are a South African citizen or have refugee status in South Africa.
- Content producers should have produced at least one film (doc, short, fiction) as either the Producer, Director, or Writer.
- Describe a current or proposed project for which you are currently trying to work out the business model. (500 words)
- Briefly describe your business approach for your proposed project: resources, customers, distribution channels and potential revenue. (500 words)
- Provide your filmography, headshot and contact details.
- You are able to cover your costs to attend the workshops at the Durban FilmMart.
NB! In the event of more than one member of an organisation applying, only one member per organisation will be considered.
If you would like to participate in the Business Model Canvas Workshops, please complete the online application form by clicking here.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 28 FEBRUARY 2015
PARTICIPANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY 27 MARCH 2015.
Please email queries to email@example.com