La Fabrique des Cinémas du Monde has been created by the Institut français, in partnership with France Médias Monde - France 24, RFI, Monte Carlo Doualyia - and the International Organisation of la Francophonie to support talented new filmmakers from Southern and emerging countries.
This professional programme has been developed in close association with the Festival de Cannes and the Marché du Film to invite ten filmmakers who are working on their 1st or 2nd feature-length film.
Accompanied by their producers, selected directors will receive personalised support adapted to their project and professional experience, improve their market position, develop their professional network by meeting key players of the industry and live a unique experience in one of the most important festivals.
You must register online before November 23rd, 2015.
A maximum of 120 projects will be accepted.
MAIN SELECTION CRITERIA
- Directors must come from one of the eligible countries (list available on the website)
- The project must be the director’s 1st or 2nd feature-length film (fiction, documentary or animation)
- The project must have a local producer, or a producer from one of the eligible countries, who has produced a short or feature-length film in the past five years
- Each director or production company may only submit one film project
- Co-producers may not apply but they must appear in the registration form
- The director and/or the producer must speak English
- The film’s budget must be less than €3 million.
NEW SUCCESS STORIES
Since 2009, La Fabrique des Cinémas du Monde has welcomed over 108 producers and directors coming from 52 countries. Some of these participants have recently been selected in the most prestigious international festivals: Hoang Diep Nguyen (La Fabrique 2012), selected in Venice and in Toronto in 2014, Anita Rocha da Silveira (La Fabrique 2014) selected in Venice in 2015, Michel K. Zongo (La Fabrique 2013) and Midi Z. (La Fabrique 2012) selected in Berlin in 2014. Since 2012, eleven projects have received the World Cinema Support (Aide aux cinémas du monde).
Follow the news on La Fabrique des Cinémas du Monde follow our facebook group!
Event shared via Institut Francais Afrique du Sud.