Auditioning for Musical Theatre shows is an art form
There are people who audition brilliantly and then don’t necessarily deliver the goods when it’s show time. Then there are people who struggle with auditions and often feel they are overlooked, in spite of their skill set and talent. It is vital to know how you present yourself at an audition and how to change that according to the needs of the casting panel.
In this audition workshop we will cover:
- Breaking down the brief and choosing your role
- Finding and preparing appropriate audition material
- Audition etiquette: your CV and photo, what to wear, how to behave
- Knowing your weaknesses and how to disguise them
- Knowing your strengths and where to display them
- What you don’t know is happening on the other side of the table in terms of casting choices
Prepare and bring a ballad and an uptempo song that shows off your strong points so we can analyze where you can improve and where you should be highlighting yourself.
DATE: Saturday 19 March 2016
TIME: 09H30 for 10H00 until 14H00
VENUE: AFDA, Johannesburg
COST: Free for SAGA members. Non-members pay R130.00.
RSVP: Corine Broomberg at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 17 March 2016.