Mark your agenda for DISCOP Africa, Johannesburg (2-4 November) to welcome key broadcasters, pay-tv platforms, mobile networks, online operators, producers, global and domestic distributors, advertisers, influencers and investors driving multi-platform, multi-screen content business across Sub-Saharan Africa.
2500+ delegates that include 250+ exhibiting companies offering feature films, television, mobile and web programs, adaptation rights and packaged channels from all over the world are expected to attend.
A 50% discount is available for all MARKET BADGES until Friday 2 September, at which time we will launch our matchmaking program designed to help SELLERS, BUYERS and PRODUCERS schedule meetings.
The 3-day DISCOP AFRICA agenda will include:
- A market driven by deals and engineered to deliver meetings between content SELLERS, BUYERS and PRODUCERS.
- A conference program featuring Africa's key players sharing insights on plans to transform the Continent's television, online and mobile spaces.
- A pitching competition promoting original television and web projects to an audience of industry professionals seeking innovative concepts and fresh talent.
- A series of workshops addressing issues that will help independent film, TV and web content producers succeed in today's media industry.
- A program designed to preview upcoming TV and web shows presented by its actors, directors, writers and producers.
The event will take place across two floors at the SANDTON CONVENTION CENTER conveniently located in the heart of Johannesburg's business district.
THE MARKET FLOOR: A 5,000 M2 ground-floor level, featuring exhibiting spaces, viewing boxes, regional umbrellas, and lounges. Qualified delegates will have access to the matchmaking lounge.
THE CO-PRO FLOOR: The 3,500 M2 second-floor level will display a vast array of tools and resources to designed to help independent producers navigate through production, co-production and distribution issues through discussions with relevant South African government agencies, industry associations, guilds/unions and key players in the industry.
For information about registering, click here.
You can register by requesting from-, and completing the registration form, and sending it back to the WGSA (firstname.lastname@example.org) to take advantage of the 50% discount available (the discounted price is $125) and students can get tickets at just R600 on all MARKET BADGE purchase (Except Non-exhibiting Sellers) until September 2nd, 2017.
The WGSA will also host two workshops at DISCOP
- Funding 101 For African Writers
- Writers’ Rights: Don’t Sign Away Your Life
The WGSA has arranged for a WRITERS' PITCH ROOM to take place as well. 60 Ticket holders will be allowed to pitch at this occasion.