The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission (KZNFC) is an entity established in terms of the KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission Act, 2010. The Commission has been set up with its main vision being to position KwaZulu-Natal as a globally competitive, diverse and sustainable industry and choice film destination.
The KZN Film Commission aims to enhance the economy by providing and encouraging opportunities for persons, especially from disadvantaged communities to enter and participate in the film industry in the province. In so doing, it aims to contribute to an enabling environment to job creation.
A baseline study was conducted in 2015 highlighting the skills gap in the KZN industry. Key areas of focus is script writing, production, post production, SMME development focussing on youth and women. Also under the Human Capital Development Programme is the External Bursary Scheme that supports students to study at tertiary institutions in and around the Province. HCD is developing a targeted High Schools Outreach Programme for grade 12 learners to be oriented in Film and Television Industry career opportunities. HCD is also working in partnership with the Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs on a 3 year incubator programme for Youth Filmmakers.
The KZN Film Commission is calling for experienced Film and Television Training Practitioners to facilitate skills development and training programmes. Please note that this is not an advertisement for permanent employment. The KZN Film Commission will select a group of Trainers who will be called upon as and when the need arises to assist with training of specific programmes.
- Qualified Film and Television Training Practitioners with at least 5 years teaching/ training experience
- Utilize a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools and practices to ensure maximum effectiveness of training programmes
- Proven track record of implementing training programmes
- IT/Computer, Office, Administrative, and Project Management Skills
- Travel as required and valid driver’s licence
- Trainers will be matched with suitable training programmes. The KZNFC reserves the right to decide on a suitable match for a training project.
- A motivation (maximum 2 pages) as to why you should be considered to the Panel of Trainer.
- Your CV, detailed profile of training facilitated.
- Please indicate your area of expertise in the following categories of the Training in Script Development, Technical Production and Post-Production, Producing, Production Accounting, Marketing & Distribution.
Closing date for applications: 16 September 2016.
Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates.
For more information visit our website on www.kwazulunatalfilm.co.za or call our offices on (031) 325 0200.