The KZN Film Commission and the Maxum Media Accelerator (“MMA”), a television and film entrepreneurship acceleration programme that identifies, develops and supports SMME Development, herewith invite KZN film and television companies to apply for the 2016/7 film and television acceleration programme.
The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission (KZNFC) is an entity established in terms of the KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission Act, 2010. The Commission has been set up with its main vision being to position KwaZulu-Natal as a globally competitive, diverse and sustainable industry and choice film destination.
The KZN Film Commission aims to enhance the economy by providing and encouraging opportunities for persons, especially from disadvantaged communities to enter and participate in the film industry in the province. In so doing, it aims to contribute to an enabling environment to job creation.
The Human Capital Development (HCD) Programme under Marketing and Industry Development is designed to develop skills in KwaZulu Natal focussing on previously disadvantaged filmmakers across the value chain of film and television. A baseline study was conducted in 2015 highlighting the skills gap in the KZN industry. Key areas of focus is script writing, production, post production, SMME development focussing on youth and women.
- The company must be a registered entity with CIPRO and SARS
- The company must be based and operational in KZN
- The company must be focused on business in the film and television industries
- Preference will be given to Previously Disadvantaged Individuals, Youth, Women, People with Disabilities
- A motivation (maximum 2 pages) as to why you should be considered to join the programme
- Detailed CV of yourself, the company and CIPRO registration documents.
Closing date for applications: 23 September 2016
Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates.
For more information visit our website on www.kwazulunatalfilm.co.za or call our offices on (031) 325 0200.