SOS is looking for a National Coordinator to commence work as soon as possible on a one year contract, renewable annually based on availability of funding.
SOS: Support Public Broadcasting is a Coalition which aims to address the ongoing crisis in public and community broadcasting in South Africa to ensure the broadcast of quality, diverse, citizen-orientated programming committed to the deepening of South Africa’s Constitution.
The successful candidate will be responsible for strategic leadership; planning, budgeting and fundraising; representing the Coalition in the public domain; organisational development and governance (including human resource management); and programme management.
- Commitment to and understanding of democracy and social justice.
- A minimum of five years activist and/or organisational experience.
- Experience in budgeting, fundraising and building and maintaining donor relationships.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Ability to self-manage, multi-task, pay attention to detail, plan and implement efficiently, and work under pressure.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office suite).
- Ability to speak one or more indigenous South African languages.
- A University degree in one of the following fields: development, humanities, journalism and media studies, law. Honours degree preferable.
- Experience in the nonprofit sector at a similar level.
- Firm understanding of broadcasting and media sector.
The Coalition offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please submit a CV not exceeding five pages AND a motivation letter to Kerry Barton-Hobbs at email@example.com by close of business on Wednesday 21 September 2016. Late applications will only be accepted at the discretion of the organisation.
SOS is firmly committed to developing young, Black and women’s leadership in the civil society sector, and Black women are especially encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified via email or telephone by no later than Friday 23 September 2016.
For more information:
About the position: SOS Chair, Thandi Smith (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
About the SOS Coalition: www.soscoalition.org.za