MAJOR EVENT: MATCH IN AFRICA - ROGER FEDERER VS RAFAEL NADAL
CAPE TOWN STADIUM - 7 FEBRUARY 2020. : IMPACT ON FILM-RELATED ACTIVITY
The City of Cape Town Film Permitting Office would like to advise of the abovementioned event which will impact on film-related activity in the City and the availability of city streets and locations in the CBD/De Waterkant/Green Point/Sea Point area.
The CBD will be extremely congested and film-related activity may be constrained in areas impacted by the event directly and the Transport Management Plan - see Annexure A
For more information on the above, please contact the CTFPO on Tel: 021 417 0599/2025 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Match in Africa-Roger Federer vs Rafael
Nadal. 07 February 2020.City of Cape Town's Transport Directorate
The roads listed in the below tables will be temporarily closed and/or restricted to vehicular traffic. This will have an impact on traffic flow and motorists are advised to plan their trips accordingly.
- Parking restrictions will be enforced in the residential areas adjacent to Cape Town Stadium from17:30 to 23:30, including on Main Road.
- No parking on Main Road (Somerset Road) west bond from Thursday 06 February 22:00.
- No parking will be permitted on the above roads at the indicated times. Access to and egress from parking garages will be allowed to permit holders ONLY.
IMPACT OF ROAD CLOSURES ON PUBLIC TRANSPORT
- MyCiTi Waterfront service
- The normal scheduled service will not be free of charge.
- The service will stop at the Stadium bus station on route to the Waterfront and then will bererouted from Helen Suzman Boulevard into Portswood Road, turning left into Beach Roadand right at the traffic circle into Granger Bay Boulevard.
- Granger Bay bus station will be closed for this period while all other stops and services on theGardens-Civic-Waterfront route will remain operational.
- Passengers may use the Waterfront (in Breakwater Lane), Stadium bus station and/orBuitengracht stops as alternatives to the Granger Bay bus station.
- On the return journey from the Waterfront, the bus will turn left into Beach Road, right intoPortswood Road and left at Helen Suzman Boulevard to continue its normal route to the CBD.