The Independent Producers Organisation (IPO) is looking to employ, on a short-term basis, a passionate industry professional with a strong understanding of the industry and ability to grapple with the crisis’ fast-changing conditions.
The contract will be for 2 months with a possibility of an extension.
The Coordinator will work directly with the EXCO and various subcommittee members. She or he will:
- Assist EXCO to execute its emergency strategy. EXCO members will work directly, contributing their time and resources to support the Coordinator in every way possible.
- Engage and consult with IPO members, offering support and information.
- Sit and represent producers on the newly-established IPO-Broadcaster Emergency Task Team in order to negotiate with broadcasters regarding their responsibilities in this crisis.
- Lobby for emergency relief from government and government agencies
- Liaise closely with SASFED and industry-wide actions
- Work with the IPO communications sub-committee to keep members and public abreast of developments.
The individual should have at least five years of experience in the industry, strong communication skills, a deep understanding of the production sector, be a flexible and strategic thinker committed to local content and have access to high-speed internet for video-conferencing.
This is a paid position to start as soon as possible.
Please send CV and short letter of motivation to email@example.com by 9am Tuesday 24th March.
Only preferred candidates will be contacted for interview.