The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF), would like to commend the industry for the good quality of applications received in the past fiscal and invite applicants to submit for Festival Hosting and Marketing and Distribution.
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF), is pleased to announce that the call for cycle 2 funding applications is now open for the following funding categories:
- Marketing and Distribution
- Festival Hosting (for festivals taking place in July - November 2020)
Opening date for submissions: 26 March 2020
Closing date for submissions: 17 April 2020
Individuals, companies and organisations may submit funding applications to the NFVF for any of the above funding categories. Specific conditions are applicable for each funding category, and it is important for applicants to take careful note of these conditions before submitting an application.
Applicants need to register and complete the online application form using the following link: https://nfvf.praxisgms.co.za/
Please take note of the following disclaimers:
- Tier yourself accordingly
- Carefully read the definitions of the sub categories before selecting
- It is advisable that the main applicant applies instead of using a 3rd party to apply on their behalf
- Please note that during the national lockdown it is not mandatory for the supporting documents such as: BBBEE, ID, Company Registration Documents, Tax Clearance Certificate etc. to be no older than 3 months. However, you have a 2-week window after the lockdown is lifted to update all paperwork.
Tier 1: Experienced filmmakers who have a proven track record for developing and producing 3-5 theatrically released feature films.
Tier 2: Filmmakers with limited experience but who have developed and produced 1-2 theatrical feature films, television fiction, documentaries, 2-3 short films and/or commercials seeking to venture into feature film development and production.
Tier 3: New entrants into the industry, particularly recent film school graduates from historically disadvantaged backgrounds. This intervention is geared towards first time filmmakers having a “calling card” in the film industry. This tier is only eligible for short film funding.
Please note that no late applications will be accepted.
For any queries regarding applications please contact:
Telephone: 011 484 0880