The National Film and Video Foundation Council calls for nominations of individuals to serve as members in the Advisory Panel for Production & Development
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) is an agency of the Department of Sport, Arts, and Culture that was mandated to spearhead the equitable growth of South Africa's film and video industry.
The NFVF is looking for industry experts who would like to serve as members of the advisory panel for grant funding adjudication in accordance with the NFVF Act, 73 of 1997. The advisory panel members will fulfil a statutory role to advise the NFVF council and management on the merits of grant applications and any matters relating to the South African film, television, electronic media, training or any other related field.
Advisory members shall be nominated by any member of the public and nominations from other individuals or groups are also invited. We are looking for individuals who have the knowledge and extensive experience in the film sector. Appointed members of the advisory panel shall hold office for a period not exceeding two years and may be appointed on the same or different panel after a further two years has elapsed.
CRITERIA FOR NOMINATIONS:
Persons eligible for nomination must be suitably qualified and have a proven track record in the film, television, audio-visual and/or electronic media, as well as relevant experience.
Advisory panel members will be expected to assist the NFVF council and management with recommending grant allocation for Individual bursaries and grant allocation for Education and Training.
SELECTION OR APPOINTMENT OF ADVISORY PANELS
- Nominees must have an understanding of the Film, Television and Electronic Media Sector;
- OR have special knowledge and Experience in the Fields of Television and Film Making;
- OR have special knowledge in Grant Allocation processes;
- OR have proven experience in the Film / Television / Audio-Visual / Marketing skills;
- OR know about Broadcast Technology
- OR have experience in Education and Training in the Film and Television and marketing skills
- OR have experience in Education and Training
- Good understanding of the grant funding process and relevant policies.
- OR film and TV financial accounting
- Letters of nomination should clearly describe the candidate's specific expertise and qualifications related to the criteria above.
- Nomination materials should include:
- a letter from the nominee indicating a willingness to serve for at least two years,
- a brief statement of the nominee's qualifications,
- a current curriculum vitae,
- a motivation letter of why they are the most suitable candidate to serve on the panel.
Nominations should be forwarded by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing Date: 31 March 2021, at 17h00NB!! Please note that late nominations will not be considered and no exceptions will be made.