Three South African feature film projects - consisting of one editor and one director - will be selected to spend 5 days with world-class consultants, with input and feedback using Zoom and video review and collaboration platform Frame.io.
This call is only open to projects with a working rough cut, with up to 70% to be completed prior to the Lab, which will take place virtually from mid-November 2021.
The application deadline is 22nd October 2021.
- One-page synopsis of the feature film;
- The director and editor’s biographies;
- The current rough cut should be in a digital format easy to share, preferably online with the link and password provided, if applicable;
- One page each from the director and editor outlining the difficulties currently experienced with the film and / or problematic areas in the story. Please include what has been achieved up to this point;
- Films need to be independent and feature length - 70 minutes or above (so not commissioned from a broadcaster or streaming service);
- Submissions that do not adhere to the criteria will not be considered.
All submissions will be treated with utmost confidentiality by the
SAGE selection panel.