ROUGH CUT LAB-FICTION 2021
SUBMISSION UPDATE - OPEN FOR SHORT FILMS
This first virtual fiction edition will allow our most experienced editors to mentor and engage with emerging filmmakers, focussing on editors and directors with a suitable project already in post- production.
Rough Cut Labs are a proven concept that allow access to expert industry advice and feedback during the final editing stages of a project, and have proven instrumental in shaping the success of fiction films - both short and feature length - as they enter the marketplace
This call is only open to projects with a working rough cut, with up to 70% to be completed prior to the Lab, which will take place virtually from mid-November 2021. The submission deadline is 22nd October.
- One-page synopsis of the fiction film and script; The director and editor’s biographies;
- The current rough cut should be in a digital format easy to share, preferably online withthe link and password provided, if applicable;
- One page each from the director and editor outlining the difficulties currently experiencedwith the film and / or problematic areas in the story. Please include what has been achieved up to this point;
- Films need to be independent and can be any length from 30 minutes or longer (so notcommissioned from a broadcaster or streaming service);
- Submissions that do not adhere to the criteria will not be considered.
- All submissions will be treated with utmost confidentiality by the SAGE selection panel. SUBMISSION DEADLINE 22 OCTOBER 2021